SSTT - Augmented Reality Tracking Library
SSTT - (Simplified Spatial Target Tracker) is a computer vision based tracking library for Augmented and Mixed Reality applications. It is a versatile and lean system for desktop and embedded systems such as mobile phones. The basic variant implements numerous model based approaches from traditional markers, ID based frames, rectangular textured targets to natural feature recognition (sometimes wrongly referred to as marker-less tracking). SSTT also supports so called occlusion based interaction with the targets. Newer versions add skin, face and shape recognition in order to make SSTT more versatile.
The SSTT software framework is highly portable and runs on a number of devices including mobile phones. It is optimized for speed and is modular in terms of the concepts used to track targets. SSTT is focusing robustness but is also faster than most competitors. SSTT is utilizing a specially optimized version of OpenCV with enhancements for SIMD extensions in modern processors such as SSE2 and ARM Neon. It is implemented internally with modern C++ but exposes a pure C API in order to support a maximum of portability. Due to its clean design SSTT can be easily embedded with any 3D engine. SSTT ships with examples to utilize Unity3D, OpenSceneGraph, Ogre3D and Irrlicht3D.
SSTT core has the following features
- various tracking methods for model based, rectangular, natural feature and shape tracking targets
- tracking sub-modules for skin and face recognition
- high performance even on large input images (e.g. HD1080p)
- numerous filtering methods for detection and pose estimation
- uses a spatial statistical model to optimize visibility information
- 6DOF pose estimation optimized for usage with OpenGL
- dedicated video capture modules to reduce the time spent for frame retrieval
SSTT core is fully 32/64 bit agnostic.
- Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Mac OS X 10.5.x or higher (PPC and Intel)
- Linux 2.6.x (Intel, MIPS and ARM)
- Maemo 5
- Android 2.1 or higher
- iOS 4
- Windows Mobile 5/6 (deprecated)
- DirectShow (Windows/Windows Mobile), WMF (Windows 7)
- GStreamer 0.10 (Linux, Mac, Windows, Maemo)
- V4L2 (Linux, Maemo)
- QTKit / CoreVideo (Mac)
- QTMovie (Mac)
- AVCaptureSession (iOS)
- CameraPreviewCallback (Android)
Please feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.
SSTT multitouch was published in